Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Priorities

One of the days of camp training, our manager led us in an activity to help us figure out our priorities.  He asked us to take four small pieces of paper and write our top priorities, one on each piece.  Then, he said, "Something bad has happened and you just lost whatever you wrote down as number four."  He continued in this way until he told us we had lost all four things we had written down.  Unfortunately for him, this activity didn't really work for me.  You see, God is my top priority, so when he said that  my top priority had been lost, I knew it wasn't true.  No matter what happens in my life, God is a constant.  I can't lose Him.  It made me feel good to know that as I thought about it, it felt true.  God is number one in my life.  Just in case you want to know, Jeremy was number two and friends/family were number three.  I couldn't really think of a number four.  The whole point of the activity was to make sure we knew what really mattered.  I do.

On another note, as a follow up to a post from several weeks ago about my co-worker who thought she was pregnant, she's not.  She was telling us that she felt so sad even though she hadn't really wanted kids to begin with.  As she had started to accept the possibility of being pregnant, she had come to terms with it.  She said her husband just couldn't understand why she was crying.  I could.  I pointed out that I could empathize with her -- she had just gotten a bit of a taste of what I've been going through for the last three years.  I do feel bad for her.  Maybe we're more on a level playing ground now and can get along better as we work together another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment