Thursday, August 25, 2011

Reminders

Let me go back a ways so you can really get the full impact of this post.

Since we started getting the house ready to sell and have been going through all of this, I've decided I never want to own a house ever again.  So, maybe that's not true.  But it sort of feels like it right now as we go through all of this.  My Mom and Sister spent a whole week with me painting and peeling wallpaper and cleaning and packing.  Since then, we've had four different times people have looked at the house.  And every single one of them said it smelled like cat pee.  So, now I'm getting to enjoy the adventure of putting in all new carpet and cleaning the slab while I wait for that to happen.  If my cat ever does this again . . .

Jeremy is already in the new town and we're driving back and forth on the weekends to see each other.  He's settling in to his new job, but still looking for a place for us to rent.  He's teaching US History, World History, Econ/Gov, Sophomore Bible and 7th Grade Bible.  That's a majorly full load and he's finally going to finish his master's paper, too.  Whew!  We may not see much of each other even when we're living in the same town again!  But he sounds SO much happier than he did.  I delight in talking to him every night because he sounds like the man I married instead of the one who's been living around here the last couple of years.

Monday, I found out I need three fillings.  I guess that's what I get for not going to the dentist for over seven years, but it upset me because I had never had one before.

I had my annual appointment and was told I'm healthy.  Was not told I was pregnant.  Even though I didn't really expect to be told that, I had started letting myself hope for it again so it was hard to not hear what I wanted to.  And even harder because Jeremy was four hours away.

I've been doing okay with that until this week and then this week has just seemed harder with the carpet mess and the dentist and doctor appointments.

Then, God sends me reminders that I am blessed.

I was doing my best pity party Wednesday night when the ladies' class surprised me with a party and cake and a money-tree.

My Mom sent me a check to help cover expenses.

A friend took me to dinner.

The teller at the bank said they were all loving the braid in my hair.

The family Jeremy is staying with has just gone above and beyond helping us, telling him he could stay as long as he needed to (and I'm welcome anytime, too), feeding him, helping him look for a place to live, passing my resume' on to jobs she knows about . . .

We are blessed.

This is hard, but God brought us to it and He will bring us through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment