Monday, August 29, 2011

Cavities, Carpet and Congratulations

Like my alliteration?  I just couldn't help myself.

So, it took me 29 years, but I had my first cavities filled today.  While it wasn't exactly fun, it wasn't as bad as I had imagined it.  And it was sort of funny to watch myself smile in the mirror while half my face was still numb . . . only the right side went up.  The left just continued to hang out in its puffy state.

After last weekend and all those people telling us our house smelled like cat urine, we decided to get new carpet instead of just doing a carpet allowance.  We had scheduled them to come Tuesday (tomorrow) and I had ripped out the old carpet in the hallway to go ahead and be treating the cat spots.  Last night, however, our realtor called saying we had an offer.  She three-wayed us in so we could all talk at once (since Jeremy is already in the new town and I'm still in the old) and told us an investor had offered a very low-ball offer.  Like, $15,000 less than our asking price.  We decided to see if they'd accept just $5,000 less since we're already asking less than market value.  In the meantime, I had called the carpet people to postpone the installation in case this person really did decide to buy our house and put in new floors of their choice.  She came by today and evidently decided it would cost too much to be able to flip it like she wants to and took back her offer.  Sigh.  Now, we're getting new carpet on Wednesday.

By the way, my birthday was yesterday.  I turned 29.  That means we've been wanting to have kids for four years now.  Just in case you wanted to know.  Everyone has been very sweet in offering my well-wishes, but my birthday wish most of all is that this house sells for our asking price and we can move out of this transitional period of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment