Monday, December 19, 2011

Missing

Holidays are wonderful and I absolutely love them. I mean, love them. Especially Christmas. For one thing, it speaks to my love language (gift-giving). I love going out and finding the perfect something for everyone in my family. I love the food and the being together and the feeling that good things are going to happen.
However, I don't like the feeling that something is missing. Or, actually, someone. We've been trying to grow our family for four and almost a half years now. I see my friends with their kids as they send out Christmas cards with their pictures of their happy families. I see them doing "elf on a shelf." I see them taking lots of pictures of their child on Santa's lap. And I wish I were doing the same thing.  Even if my mother-in-law has informed me that when we have kids we aren't going to get much for Christmas anymore because she's going to be spoiling her grandchildren. That's okay with me, too. Maybe, next Christmas . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment