Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Tough Week

So, this last week didn't start out so bad. I started it with a job interview on Monday afternoon for an assistant director position for a daycare. I thought the interview went really well, I liked the girl I'd be working with, the hours were perfect. She said she'd talk to the owner and get back with me with a time to meet the owner. I waited all week and still haven't heard from her again.
I seriously thought I had finally found a "perfect" job for me. I don't know if I was wrong or if the timing was just off, but I'm frustrated that I haven't at least heard back from her. And I realize I still could, but my pessimism is kicking in full-time, I guess.
Jeremy is growing unhappy with the school he works at. He loves the kids. He loves teaching. He just is frustrated by some of the things the board of directors are doing, including letting some of the students take over the planning of chapel and letting those students bring in instruments for the worship part.
I'm also struggling with money stuff. We're paying taxes this week and paid H&R Block last week. That means most of our "extra" money for this month that I could have used for a million other things is going to the taxes. I have known my car has a problem for like four or five months now and we still haven't fixed it. My computer is dying. I'd LOVE to pay off some of this stupid debt! I'm so sick and tired of worrying about all the credit cards we've gotten ourselves into. And it just seems neither of us has a way to control our spending even when we know we don't have much money in the bank. Every time I go to the store, I pick up at least one thing not on my list. I'm so bad when it comes to things like that. Sigh.
All of this has grown in my discontent to make this week just seem really bad. I know there are lots of great things in my life. Jeremy is almost finished with his graduate degree and his certification program. He's had a teaching job this year which has made him a lot happier even when he's not as happy as I'd like him to be. He's still much happier than last year and the year before. We have a great church family who don't want us to ever leave because they want to use us up for God, which is what I had prayed for when we were moving up here. We have great families who we keep up with on  fairly regular basis and who loves us so much. And my husband loves me even when we don't always have as much time for each other lately as I'd like for us to.
I just have this bad habit of letting the bad stuff come to the front of my brain instead of the good stuff.

Also, please pray for my friend Alyson. She lost her baby this week and my heart is broken over that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment