Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Would You?

I was watching "Facing the Giants" again the other day. I just couldn't help myself. I saw it on tv and thought, I need to watch it again and remind myself. And I sat there with tears running down my face as he asked his wife, "If God never gave us a child, would you still love Him?" She doesn't answer at that moment. I can understand why. It's so hard to accept that it's a possibility, that we might not have kids. At least not physically. And I love to think I'd love a child born by another woman as much as one born by me after I adopted him/her, but I still feel like I'd be missing something. If it comes down to it, and we find out we can't have kids physically, will I still love God? I want to say yes, but there's this little part of me that rebels and yells, "NO!" If you were in my situation, would it be easy for you to say "yes"? Oh for a faith that lets me shout, "YES" to the ends of the earth and the heights of the sky with no hesitation and no doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment