Thursday, May 30, 2013

A plan

So, it's been a while since I posted anything on here. The last month hasn't gone exactly to plan. We made it through cycle six and still no pregnancy. Yesterday, we drove to the Dallas area to visit with a reproductive endocrinologist. He was very straight-forward with us, no icing on the cake. He pointed out that obviously the clomid wasn't working just by itself. I'm going in tomorrow for an HSG Screening to find out if I have any blockages. If everything is clear, we'll start something new this next cycle. He has me on birth control until then to keep me regulated. Once the new cycle starts, I'll go in for a sonogram between days 1 and 5 to make sure there are no cysts or anything. I'll start clomid again (it was working a little so we'll keep it in the plan for now). Then, days 7, 9 and 11, I'll get to inject another drug into my belly. This drug will help grow more and larger eggs. On day 12, we'll head back for another sonogram to make sure everything is working. If it is, they'll inject one more drug in me which will actually force my ovaries to release the egg(s) so that we won't have to wonder when I'm ovulating. The next day, we'll do IUI (intrauterine insemination). Then, he wants me on progesterone after that to help make everything keep working like it should. Whew!
I keep reminding myself that I wanted a more aggressive plan than what we had been doing, but I wasn't really anxious to start injectables. This sort of takes all the fun out of making a baby, but we're just hoping it will work. There is only one more step between this plan and IVF, and I don't want to go down that road (that's another post I haven't written yet). So, that's where we are right now. If you want to know how I'm doing mentally, I honestly am not sure. I think I'm a little overwhelmed, but slightly heartened, too, because it feels like we're not just sitting still anymore. And, this is sort of the plan that got put on hold when Jeremy lost his job four years ago, so we're really just catching up with ourselves.
Now, one foot in front of the other and get through the rest of tonight (hoping I sleep despite thinking about what I'll have to do tomorrow), and tomorrow morning. And then go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment