Sunday, September 4, 2011

Savvy Shopping

Mostly, what I do anymore is windowshopping (if you can call it windowshopping even though most stores don't have windows that I go in).

When I was younger, my grandparents used to give me a certain amount of money and then let me pick out what I'd like to buy.  My Grandmother would always comment on how far I could stretch $20.  I was the kid who wanted to look at EVERYTHING available first and then decide what I wanted, even if it meant going back to the very first store we went to several hours before.  I just wanted to make sure it was exactly what I wanted and that I was getting my money's worth.

One set of grandparents still sends me money for my birthday every year.  So, I went to Target last Thursday to see if they had any of their sandals on sale.  Thursdays are usually the best days to catch shoes on sale at Target, no idea why.  Unfortunately, the store closest to me is remodeling so they didn't have much in the way of clearance (although they did have some major school supply clearance going on so I spent 30-some-odd-cents on a new spiral notebook to help me as I give in my writing urges of late).  They did, however, have some of their new fall items out.

In the summer, I'm a tank top and shorts kind of girl almost every day.

In the fall, when it actually starts cooling off, I love me some sweaters: cardigans, pullovers, layering, whatever.  So, when I saw this, I fell madly deeply:

Merona® Collection Women's Paige Cardigan Sweater - Multi Color Print

And wouldn't it look cute with these?

Women's Merona® Meadow Comfort Mary Jane Heels - Red Patent
Yep.  I'm in love.  Bring on the cooler weather. . . . and maybe some Christmas money because my move is taking up too much of my money right now to splurge on such wonderful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment