Thursday, March 8, 2012

Adulthood

When I grow up, I want to be . . .

. . . I have no idea.

I'm almost 30 years old and besides being a stay-at-home mom and writing and crafting and doing my direct sales business, I don't know what else I want to be besides Jeremy's wife. I've been doing this temp job for almost three weeks now and had two interviews with other companies (may have gotten one of the other jobs, but not sure yet). When they ask me what my long-term plans are, I'm very honest with them. I say I want to eventually be able to stay home with kids. In the meantime, however, I don't know what I want to do, besides something I can enjoy that makes a decent paycheck.
The guy who has been helping me at the temp agency asked me what I wanted to do and I told him I didn't know. Maybe I'll figure it out before I'm forty.

I don't really like adulthood sometimes. I like the freedom it comes with, but not the cost of said "freedom." I don't like taxes . . . especially since we'll have to pay them again this year (the really big downside to not having kids). I don't like having to have a job. I don't like bills that come due before the paycheck comes in that make your checking account bounce. I don't like fees or sales tax or the price of gas. I don't like having to make tough decisions and then live with whatever consequences come with them. Is adulthood what you thought it would be like when you were a kid? I'm not sure it's like what I thought it would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment