Sunday, March 25, 2012

An Off-handed Compliment

So, I've still been working at the temp job where I'm helping with the payroll database. They moved me the other day to a different desk to help one of the girls who was behind since another girl quit. Anyway, she didn't really have much for me to do so I teasingly asked if she wanted me to move back to my other desk. She said "no" and that I was actually keeping her from cursing so much.
It made me feel really good. I haven't said anything to the girls at this job about how much their cursing bothers me even though they do it quite a bit. I just also knew (or thought I knew) that this job wouldn't last too long. So, anyway, it makes me feel good that they have noticed that I'm different and don't cuss and don't like it. It makes me feel like God is answering my constant prayer that I'll be a light for Him to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment