Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Epitomy of Inconsiderate

So, my coworker and I have not exactly gotten along well this year. She's about five or six years younger than I am, freshly married, almost new to the world, it seems. We'd been getting along better for the most part lately, but today really pushed my limits of controlling my tongue.
She has been struggling with finding a birth control that works well for her. So, she's on the shot. Except she didn't know that when you first get on the shot, you're supposed to use back-up protection for a while. She thinks she's pregnant. And she told me all about her symptoms and how she wants to announce it to her family and how she is pretty much convinced this test on Friday will say she's pregnant. And I had to sit there and listen to her. She even said something like, "I guess that's the way it goes, huh? People like you and Jeremy who plan to have a baby and can't and then people who don't even want one get pregnant all the time."
Do me a favor. If you know someone who is struggling with infertility issues, don't be like that. We already know that the world is unfair. You don't have to rub it in.

1 comment:

  1. Wowza. So sorry and sad to hear this. So, so many people just don't think before they speak...and they have no idea how hurtful their flippant words can be. I'm sorry you had to listen to it...I'll be praying she's not pregnant...just kidding :)

    Have an extra scoop of ice cream and sleep in :)

    ReplyDelete