Monday, September 12, 2011

Blessings

Even though my life is completely up in the air right now – looking for a job, a home, money to pay bills, someone to buy my house, etc. . . – we are extremely blessed. God has given us a wonderful family to stay with in our new area. It’s the guidance counselor from Jeremy’s new school (Mike), his wife (Nora), and their daughter who is a student in Jeremy’s class. They have opened their home to us and told us that it is our home and to help ourselves to any of the food and to let them know what else we need.


It’s almost enough to make me feel guilty. I feel like such a mooch.

But at the same time, I just keep reminding myself that this is the way God is taking care of us right now. The family continues to tell us to not rush, but to take as long as we need to find somewhere to live. . . which is proving to be harder than we thought it would with our two cats in the picture and a very small budget (at least we assume it will be very small once I get a job as well). Have I told you how bad I am at waiting? I feel like I’ve been doing it for so long that it’s almost impossible to keep doing it longer. I yearn for a place to settle down and get into my own routine and set up my Halloween decorations. Instead God keeps telling me to wait a little longer.

I offered to make dinner for the family this week . . . my way of helping out any way I can. They have crazy busy schedules and are hardly home so I thought this might be useful. I mentioned it to Nora and she said “Oh that would be great! What ingredients do you need?” Then, she started going through her cabinets and freezers showing me where everything was so I wouldn’t have to buy anything. It’s not exactly what I meant when I offered to make dinner. But it shows you how blessed we are, living with this family who refuses to kick us out and tries their hardest to make sure we have everything we need.

Thank you, God. Please help me remember that this is a blessing from you and that you will help me through this time of waiting, even when I don’t want to wait anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment