Monday, September 12, 2011

Spoiled

It’s hard to realize how spoiled you are until you have to go without something you’re used to having. One of the reasons I haven’t posted in a while (and am posting so many at once today) is because I don’t really have internet access right now. I’m stealing a few minutes here and there on our host family’s computer or at Starbucks or having Jeremy look up my emails for me when he’s at school. It’s not ideal, especially with me trying to run my home sales business during this time of transition and not being able to keep up with the emails my hosts are sending me. But it’s working.


I joked that when I moved up here and didn’t have internet access all the time like I was used to that I would go through withdrawals. After all, what does a person do without facebook to keep up with everyone she knows? Well, in my case, she isn’t missing that aspect of her life as much as some others. I miss being able to check emails whenever I want. I miss being able to post blogs. I miss being able to get online to look up things I read about or see here and there . . . like apartment listings. But I’m not shaking from my withdrawals. I’m just realizing I was completely spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment