Monday, September 12, 2011

Let Go and Let God

My husband and I have been talking a lot lately as we drive around looking for a place to live. He mentioned the other day, “what would happen if we just threw it all in and said we’re going to stay here for a while and just let God work out the details?” We’ve been looking for a place to rent because we weren’t sure what his job situation would be like next year (it’s a really small school and the attendance goes up and down by the year so they’re never really sure how many teachers they’ll need). But renting up here is crazy expensive and buying a house is a big investment but cheaper per month. Of course, we haven’t even sold our last house yet, which is part of what’s holding us back. And if we bought a house and then had to sell it before we’d lived there three years, there’d be a lot of taxes to pay. But it is an interesting thought – do we trust God enough to work out the details? Am I even trusting Him enough to work out the details of renting? Is that why we haven’t found anything yet? Because I need to learn to trust more?


I like to say, “If God will bring you to it, then God will get you through it.” I’m just wondering if my heart truly believes it or if it just likes to think it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment