Tuesday, February 10, 2009

As Promised . . .

Our first date fell on Friday, Feburary 9th. Jeremy's car had broken down so we were trying to figure out what to do. I decided my roomie and other friend, Hannah, should go, and bring dates, too. Well, Shyla, my roomie, wasn't going if Hannah wasn't going. And neither one wanted to go really, but I'm a very convincing person. So, we called up Jeremy Smith and Chris Ritch and piled into Shyla's station wagon and headed to Pizza Hut (we were in Henderson, TN -- there's not much else there).
Please remember, everyone knew Jeremy and I were on a date together, but none of them knew we were actually a couple. A couple of what, I'm still figuring out.
While at Pizza Hut, we ran into Jeremy's roommate Andy. He had his girlfriend, Amy, sneak into our picture that he decided to take. This is the fun result. It is framed in our bedroom to remind us of where we started.


We colored on the placemats, ate pizza, and then trudged back through the mud puddles to the car to head to Jackson for a movie. We all planned to see "Save the Last Dance." Jeremy wasn't thrilled about the choice, but that was the plan. Shyla, Jeremy S., and Chris were all in the front of the line with Hannah and Jeremy and me in behind them. They got the last tickets to the movie. Jeremy and I made a quick decision to see "The Wedding Planner," and Hannah, not wanting to be alone, came with us.

She was pretty quick to figure out what was going on between the two of us as we sat there holding hands through the movie. We didn't even get to sit beside each other on the way back to campus. But still . . . it was our first date. The one we had spontaneously planned in December. And I'm pretty sure no one else has a story quite like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment