Thursday, February 19, 2009

Battling the Beast

Anyone else ever see Fern Gully? It wasn't that great of a movie, but I saw it. In the movie, there was this big, ugly slime monster who tries to kill the rain forest. Anyway, for some reason, he is who I think of when I think of all the "black" feelings inside of me. When I get angry, sad, depressed, frustrated . . . I picture those feelings looking a lot like him, creeping up inside of me, taking over my actions and words and thoughts. When I feel him taking over, I mentally use all the forces of good inside of me to push him back down. But it's like I can only push him back down to my toes . . . not all the way outside of me.
I've been doing fairly well battling him lately. I've only had one or two outbursts, one or two sad moments. I'm praying fervently everyday for God to help me keep the peace and happiness He has put in my heart lately. I don't want to lose that feeling. The beast keeps creeping up, lurking, waiting for a weak moment to take over. But I keep pushing him back down, with the help of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment