Thursday, August 26, 2010

Going Backwards

So, I had my "well-woman" visit on Monday.  Wasn't really too big of a deal.  I'm healthy in spite of my body not doing what a woman's body is supposed to do.  I was sitting there talking with my Dr. (who I LOVE because she is so friendly and understanding and helpful) and asked if I should be worried about the fact that I'm once again not regular and haven't had a period since before Memorial Day.  I basically said, "Should I try to jumpstart it?"  She suggested going back on the pill.  She was talking and talking about how since we're not trying to conceive right now, it wouldn't hurt.  I didn't bother to argue that we ARE trying to conceive, just not with drugs and fertility treatments and and and . . .  It was easier to agree, but I did talk her into letting me just be on the pill for a couple of month instead of interminably.  I couldn't stand the thought of going back on them longer than that.  She hooked me up with two months worth samples of Yaz (trying not to think about anything bad I've heard about that drug) and I started taking them Tuesday morning.  I feel like I'm going backwards.  Like, I'm headed in the opposite direction of where I want to go but can't find a way to turn around.  It doesn't help that birth control pills leave me feeling like I have absolutely NO control over my emotions.  I'm happy to angry to crying in no time flat.  Grr.  I hate feeling like I'm out of control.  Here's what I AM looking forward to:  regularity for a couple of months and maybe my skin clearing up a bit.  We'll see how well that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment