Thursday, April 21, 2011

Envy and Jealousy

I taught Ladies' Bible Class Wednesday before last.  My given topic was Envy, Jealousy and other related sins.  When I first saw the topic, I thought, "that will be easy."  Then, I forgot about it in the hecticness that is my life . . . until a couple weeks ago when it dawned on me that my turn to teach was coming up very shortly.  And I realized it might not be so easy after all.
As I read over the lesson again and again, I fought  myself, trying to decide if I should or should not bring up why I was jealous and envious of others.  I finally decided that I would.
So, I stood in front of a room full of women who love me . . . and I told them that not only was I envious of women whose husbands have jobs they love, but that I was also envious of women who were mothers.  Because I wasn't either of those things that I so desperately want to be.
And I cried . . . something I said I'd never do when I was teaching.
They all told me I did a great job after class, but it was definitely one of the hardest things I've done in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment