Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Stretching Pennies, Hours, and Muscles

So, I've started my summer job -- counselor at a summer day camp.  It's fun, but exhausting as it means I'm outside all day Monday through Friday.  To top it off, Jeremy's schedule switched again.  While we don't need to worry about him missing church anymore, he's closing three other nights now.  That means I don't get to see much of him.  We kiss in the morning as I head to work and again when he gets home that night before I go to bed.  Not fun.  I know I really shouldn't complain that much since my sister's husband travels a lot for work and she goes for days without seeing him, but it's still not fun.  Even after being married for almost seven years, I like spending time with my hubby.
This month is tight for us.  My paycheck was a bit smaller and his paycheck got cut starting a few weeks ago because his hours got cut (along with everyone else in the store's).  This makes it harder to juggle all the bills, especially with the extra doctor bills we've been paying for several weeks for his hand.  I'm frustrated.  Money frustrates me.  I've started getting more serious about couponing, but so far haven't done much better than to just cut a grocery/shopping trip in half.  That's still good, but not great.  If I see any great deals, would you like me to share on here?  Is that something this blog would be good for?  I don't think I've figured out the entire purpose of this blog except to share my frustrations and my praises.
The other joy of my summer job is that I am exhausted when I get home.  My legs and feet hurt, my skin hurts where I might not have gotten enough sunscreen on.  Today, my knee and shoulder hurt where I took a tumble while playing tag.  But I sleep really well.
I think I'm going to have to find time to call my doctor again.  This Loestrin 24 FE isn't working. . . . except to make me want to cry all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment