Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fifty-Thousand Dollars

So, I'm a lot like my Dad in that I really don't like being in debt.  Since my husband lost his job a couple years ago and started working retail instead, we've accumulated quite a bit, though.  I know there's not a whole lot we could have done different, but it still frustrates me.  Especially on days like today when the mail brings me a notice that my health insurance premium went up two days ago and that one of our credit cards has lowered our spending limit . . . not that we wanted to spend that much with it in the first place, but it just screams that our credit score is suffering from this, too.
So, tonight, just for a few minutes, I'm going to pretend that I have $50,000.  Here's how I would spend it:

  1. Pay off all FIVE credit cards -- I really don't know how we let it get this bad!
  2. Pay off the rest of Jeremy's car and trade both vehicles in for ones that run without breaking down every month.
  3. Cut down tree in backyard before it falls on house.
  4. Replace fence in backyard so that we actually have privacy from our neighbors.
  5. New disposal that actually works . . . which I've been meaning to do since we moved in three years ago.
  6. Tear up carpet in hallway and replace with laminate -- including replacing the flooring in the kitchen, too.
Does that pretty much use it all up?  I can't decide.  If it didn't, whatever is left goes into savings.  You thought I was going to have a fun list, didn't you?  Nope.  My list is all practical.  That's who I am.  It was fun for me, anyway.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment