Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Bad Person

I guess I must be a bad person. Round Rock schools has recently removed a book from their shelves. It's the book TTYL. I actually heard the author speak at the book festival several weekends ago and she was talking about how this book was a good one to read WITH your kids to discuss the matters covered in it. Round Rock has not banned the book. They removed it from their shelves because they don't want the younger middle schoolers reading it even thought it might be okay for older ones. They aren't allowed to have shelves for certain ages for some reason. Anyway, the point of all this is to say, I now really, really want to read the book. I want to know why it's taken off the shelf and why people have a problem with it. I want to know why my child should not read this book. I felt the same way about The Golden Compass when everyone was throwing their fit about it. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, but I probably will. I have to know why.
I have decided to let Jeremy be in charge of taking my temperature and writing it down everyday. I don't want to see it anymore because I'm tired of worrying about it. So, this morning he took it and wrote it down. So far, I haven't peeked. But it's about to kill me to know if my temp spiked yet or not. It supposedly should have spiked last week and still hadn't as of yesterday which means I'm like a week late for ovulating. Sigh. I hate my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment