Monday, November 10, 2008

The Holiday Craze

Grandpa helped me so much. Sometimes, it's just nice to have someone say it's really not as bad as we had been told it was and can wait for later. Of course, with Grandpa here, we went to several stores, including Walmart for various things we needed to fix ceiling fans and tail-lights. Walmart. That wonderful world of retail. Want to know what music you'll hear in there right now? Christmas music. I kid you not. Halloween is over so bring on Christmas! I want to know what happened to Thanksgiving? Not to mention Veterans day! Of course, we'll have our Veterans day sales tomorrow as the only way to celebrate anything is with a sale and no mail, obviously. Do I sound frustrated to you? This culture is turning completely to buying things non-stop and I'm sick of the materialism here. I've been seeing KMart commercials (Heaven only knows why as we have no KMart around here) for layaway for Christmas and I think, that's how we got into the economic mess we're in now. Everyone had to have more than they could afford and they had to have it now. So, bring on the credit cards, adjustable mortgages, layaway plans. Ick. I hate money. Trust me. I use it -- a lot. But I still hate it. And I hate what it does to this country.
And I hate that Walmart is already playing Christmas music. I want my turkey and pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment