Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Reminder

I think God likes to put reminders in our life right when we need them. I've been hearing a lot about the movie, "Facing the Giants" since "Fireproof" came out. It was made by the same people and I'd not seen it before I saw Kirk Cameron's movie. Since KXAN took a break from Time Warner for a while, they supplemented us with Starz Kidz and Family network. I really thought that was way better than KXAN, but oh well. Anyway, I caught a lot of movies I'd been meaning to see while we were in that interim, and one was "Facing the Giants." I DVRed it and watched it yesterday while folding laundry. It is REALLY good. Just what I needed. It's about a small Christian academy in Georgia and their football team as they try to win state championship. And it's about their coach and his struggle to get through his "giants" of fear and doubt and things like that. He has a sort of epiphany and comes to a new "game plan". He tells his team, "If we win, we praise God. And if we lose, we praise God." Wow. One moment in the movie, he asks his wife if she'll still love God if they can't have a child (I'm telling you I really needed this!) and she has to struggle to find out if she will or not. Do you know what that feels like? It's horrible! It's like you feel absolutely horrible. About as tall as a snake. I've gone through that in small bouts in the past year and there are some days I'm so mad at God! But I know deep, deep, deep down inside I'm still going to love God even if we can't have a baby. And I need to take on the game plan of the coach and praise God in the wins . . . and the losses.

2 comments:

  1. We watched that movie a few weeks ago and I LOVED it. I cried through most of it because it was such a powerful and moving movie. I'm glad you were encouraged by it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Facing the Giants, but I really want to see Fireproof with Josh. I wonder when it will be out on DVD? Thanks for inviting me to your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete