Friday, November 7, 2008

A little bit of everything. . .

It's been an absolutely crazy week. In case you don't know already, my husband is a politics freak. I love Jeremy. I can't stand politics right now. I was naive in my hopes that after the election, the talk would die down. Silly me. I'm sort of mad at both sides of it right now because even though the man I voted for didn't win, I still know God is going to take care of us through the next four years. Yes. It would have been great to have a president who would install a more conservative judge on the Supreme Court so we could have taken another step towards the illegalization of baby murder (abortion), but we'll survive for now. Obviously, God has other plans and we need to trust Him. So, let's quit fighting about it, accept it, and move on with our lives!
Yesterday was a mess. Mr. Allen, one of the Extended Care Aides, has PTSD and sometimes suffers with it. His psychiatrist has decided that he doesn't need to work EC on the days he also makes burgers for the cafeteria. So, we were without him. We were also without two of our high school aides because of a play and sickness. We had one sub. You do the math. We made it through, though. Then, I went over to be with Jeremy while he did his class sponsor thing at the spaghetti dinner the Juniors were having before the concert. The food and company was good, but I was so tired by the time it was over. We totally have not made it to any of the school concerts this year -- we're such bad teachers!
I'm back on Clomid this week and that brings extra tiredness and some dizziness, too. Doesn't that sound like fun? It makes me want to sleep all the time but I can't.
My grandparents are coming today to stay the weekend with us in our house. Yay! Ever since we bought this house, Grandpa has wanted to come check it out and help us fix a few things on it and now he's coming! The interior decorator in me really wants to paint and peel wallpaper and find the perfect curtains and replace the dingy carpet. The realist knows we need to fix the short in the light socket and do something about the rotting post in our garage. So, for now, realism wins and my Grandpa is coming to help. Hooray for grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment