Saturday, December 18, 2010

Isn't it Funny

Are you like me and worry over something, considering how bad it will turn out, only to have it turn out nothing like you feared when you actually get around to doing it?  Maybe I'm just too good at worrying -- scratch the maybe.  I know I am.
I had put off calling my grandmother for several weeks now even though I hadn't talked to her in a while.  You see, I was afraid she would spend most of the time talking about my cousin and her pregnancy (this is the one on my Dad's side, who is happily married and expecting a son in April).  I just didn't want to deal with that.
But today is my grandmother's 84th birthday so I called to chat for a while.  She only mentioned my cousin and her pregnancy in passing a couple of times and the rest of the call was about everything else in my life and hers. 
I worried for nothing. 
I usually do.
And I had a very nice birthday chat with my grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment