Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Thought

I am not one of those people who thinks she has to recycle everything she can (although I do recycle when I remember to -- or catch it before my husband throws it away), who thinks all her vegetables and dairy and meat have to be organic (I always thought that just meant it was a carbon-based life form), or who tries to use renewable energy (also thought energy could not be created or destroyed).  So, you can probably also assume that I am not one who automatically thinks things like, "Oh, a chiropractor or accupuncturist would heal me right away!"  I'm not saying that any of the above are wrong and I highly respect people who live that way.  My aunt actually works for Nissan selling the Leaf so I really can't say anything bad.  I just don't understand the extremes that some people go to and I also know we can't afford to do a lot of that stuff.  Anyway, the point of this post is not to say yay or nay for or against any of it.  It is to say that I have a friend who is, to a certain degree, that type of person, and she has recommended that we try chiropractic for our fertility problems.  As a woman, I understand the feeling of needing to fix my friends' problems so I wasn't mad at her when she suggested it or when she went ahead and spoke with another friend of ours whose step-mother-in-law is actually a chiropractor who specializes in women's health and pediatrics.  As she pointed out, it would probably be a lot cheaper than some of the fertility treatments we could do and might be something that helps anyway.  We can at least go talk to her.  So, as I usually do, I sat down at my computer and did some searches to see if I could find anything about it.  Really, I'm sort of skeptical of all the health claims chiropractors give you about how they can fix anything and everything that ails you.  But it did help my husband's migraines when he was going to one, so what do I have to lose, right?  And I did find some promising articles, including one on yahoo.com that said a study done had almost 100% positive results within 20 months.  No.  I don't believe everything I read on the internet and it didn't say what all these women were suffering from, if any of them had PCOS or anything else similar to what I have.  But it's stuck in my mind now.  Could this be a new option for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment