Monday, May 30, 2011

Some Thoughts

Of course, if you think about it, the whole blog is my thoughts, so this title is really just to have a title.

We started the day out at the lake.  I love going to lakes and playing in water and hanging out with friends.  We only had a couple of hours there, but it was so worth it.  Especially to know my husband seems to enjoy it almost as much as I do.

I went to the funeral today of a 26-day-old baby.  It was the saddest and most uplifting funeral I have ever been to.  But, I can honestly say that I hope I never have to see a casket that small again.

I went to a wedding shower yesterday.  The girl started out not breaking the ribbons on her packages (because we all know that means how many kids you have).  Then, she and her fiance' just let loose and started breaking them all.  I told her afterwards I wished I had broken a few when I was having my wedding shower.

School is out and summer is here.  It's hard to believe until you step outside into the 90s and 100s.  Whew!  My tomato plant has two green tomatoes on it.  It has had two green tomatoes for over a week now.  I'm getting impatient.  I guess to make up for waiting, I'm going crazy in the produce section of the grocery store -- fresh corn on the cob, squash, peaches . . . yum!

By the way, I'm back on birth control again.  After bleeding for a month and a half and becoming anemic, I called my doctor to start up the pill again.  I couldn't think of starting summer camp still going through that.  So far no terrible mood swings, but I am crying a lot easier lately.  Part of me thinks that may be a good thing.

I am taking this week off from working so maybe you'll get another post or two soon.  We'll see.

What do you think of the new fonts and stuff?

1 comment:

  1. Cute font! I love a good girlie cursive :)

    And so happy to hear you got to spend some time on the lake. That's good for the soul :)

    ReplyDelete