Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Curious Hope

Kohl's has a thing every year where they do Kohl's Care for Kids. They have a character and his/her book and they sell everything for $5. Part of the proceeds go to buy toys for kids who don't get any otherwise. I went to Kohl's the other day to get my Mom's Christmas present. Of course, the stand with the characters are right up front for everyone to see as they check out. I couldn't resist. This year, their character is Curious George. I love Curious George. And he's so soft and huggable. I picked up and bought him. Then, I told Jeremy it was for the baby. The baby we hope to have. Now, George sits on my dresser as if to say, "I'm waiting." It's sort of hopeful. It makes me think now we have to have a baby so they can love George, too. So, I leave him there as a curious symbol of hope for us.

1 comment: