Monday, December 8, 2008

Scary Stuff

I just got off the phone with my doctor's office. I was scheduling an ultrasound. Next Tuesday morning. I'm terrified. I know it's silly. Women have ultrasounds everyday. But I've always been afraid of the unknown, and having never had an ultrasound before, I'm afraid of it. But at least I scheduled it. That's better than if I had chickened out of even calling. Dr. Pagette wanted to do one the first cycle, but I had decided to give it a couple months and just see what happened. So, this is cycle three. That is day 12. It's to see if the follicles are growing and doing what they're supposed to do to see if I'm ovulating or not. Is this more than you wanted to know? If the follicles aren't the way she wants them to be, she'll give me a higher dose of the medicine next cycle. I'm hoping against hope that she doesn't have to do that. The dose I'm on is the lowest and it gives me lightheadedness and mood swings. I hate this. I hate every bit of it. But there's not much I can do about it. Well, not much more than I already am. So, here goes nothing. I'm still traveling down the road of the unknown.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you have to go in again but am hopeful that it will provide you with answers. I know this road is not a fun one...or even pleasant...heck, it's not even tolerable at times...but keep on keeping on, as you're so good at:) and don't let Satan *poof* out your joy! (Read with pointer finger in the air, mouth blowing air as if to blow out a candle:)

    ReplyDelete