Tuesday, December 30, 2008

No pictures

Christmas has been great this year. I haven't posted recently because we've been travelling like crazy. We left the 19th about an hour later than we meant to and drove north to my parents' home. We stayed there for about four days, enjoying family time with my parents and brother. The 22nd we drove down to Shreveport and went to SciPort, a neat museum. We probably won't go back anytime soon, though. We met my cousin, Eric, and his wife Rene for dinner that night before picking up a few groceries and heading back to Vivian. Christmas presents were opened the 24th after church as Jeremy and I were leaving the next morning. Of course, the stockings were filled with little goodies when we got up Christmas morning. I wonder if Mom will keep doing that after she has grandchildren. . .
We drove to Memphis on Christmas day to see Jeremy's family. The only real problem we encountered with travelling on Christmas day is that ALL places to eat are closed. Oops. We were rather hungry when we arrived that afternoon. We drug Jeremy's brother out of bed to open presents. There's just something wonderful about Christmas and it brings out the childish impatience in me to see what's in those packages. The most unique gift I got this year was from my mother-in-law: she started my tea set that I want, with all different cups and saucers. She got me four different sets and a pretty tea pot with pink flowers. I'm very excited.
The 27th, Jeremy's family all loaded into a van at 6 a.m. and drove to Atlanta. Jeremy's grandfather didn't know that Jeremy and I were coming. You should have seen his face when Jeremy walked in. It was like sunshine. The whole crew came over that night for their annual dinner and crazy "food" dirty santa. All the presents had to be something foodish. I got lots of different hot chocolate mixes and Jeremy got coffee and come CocaCola mugs.
We're still down in Jefferson, Georgia, soaking up the grandparent love. We'll load back in the van to drive back to Memphis tomorrow. It's hard to believe our vacation is already on the downhill slide. I know we've done a lot already, but it still feels like it just started. Oh well. I'm guessing you figured out that the title of this blog is because all my cameras are still at home. Yes. I always forget something. Maybe I'll get ahold of one of the shots of all the Anguish grandchildren to post on here soon. We'll see. I hope everyone else has had a Merry Christmas, too. Enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment