Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nesting Without an Egg

I don't know if it's the thought of Spring coming or just the fact that a new year has started, but I want to do all these home projects. I want to finish ripping down wallpaper and tearing out the floor in the bathroom so we can paint and replace the tiles. I want to paint the bedroom and get curtains that I actually like. I want to clean out the "Spare 'oom" so that it can be used as a nursery eventually. I want to straighten the sewing room so I can find things. And move the boxes out of the dining room so that I'm not always tripping over them. And trim back the roses. And till up some land to plant a garden. I know it's too early to do the outside things, but still. . . doesn't it sound like I'm mentally getting ready to nest?

1 comment:

  1. I think something in everyone makes Spring Cleaning seem like a good idea. Every year, just as it starts to warm up, I have this urge to plant things and spruce like crazy.

    I saw your comment and, while tea sounds amazing, I have a million things to do in the morning. Thursday, maybe?

    ReplyDelete