Wednesday, October 13, 2010

And then

Know that point when the littlest thing can set you off and all of a sudden, you're crying?  Yep.  I'm there.
I got on facebook right before I was going to leave for work this afternoon (always a mistake) and saw that one of my dearest and sweetest friends (I really, really love this girl and her whole family and wish we lived much closer) is pregnant . . . with her fourth child.  And I bit my lip.  And I took a few deep breaths.  And I started crying.  *sigh*  Always fun to start crying right before you have to leave for work since you don't really have enough time to get it all out.  You just get control of yourself, splash some water on your face, and go.  I'm not sad that she's pregnant.  I'm just sad that I'm not.
Anyway, I went to work and my "boss" (I put that in quotes because we're more like coworkers than anything) came in with a plastic bag in her hand.  I couldn't remember asking her to pick up any supplies. She handed it to me and said, "Merry Christmas."  Needless to say, I was confused.  I opened it up an unwrapped a cute little tea cup and saucer set.  So cute.  Check back later if I don't have a picture posted yet.  I will after church.  I love it.  She had gone to a shop that had all sorts of them and she said she just had to pick one up for me.  She knows I'm trying to grow my collection until I have a mismatched tea set of 12 cups and saucers.  Gift-giving is so my love language and she totally spoke it today.  It's nice how God works through friends to give you a hug, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I'm just now getting around to reading this - I love you, Amy Anguish. You are amazing for so many reasons.

    And I love that you love mix-match dishes.

    ReplyDelete