Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Christian Thing to Do

I have a friend from college who I do not always agree with.  Actually, as I read her posts on facebook, I disagree with her with scary regularity.  It's not just that she's divorced and remarried, although that gives me pause.  And it's not because she's pregnant, although that gives me jealousy.  She and I just do not see eye to eye.  She's a bit more liberal in her politics -- and maybe even in her interpretation of the Bible.  She's very much leaning towards feminist.  I just have major problems with feminism.  I don't feel that Christian women can be feminists as well, not the way the world defines feminist.  But that's another post.
I got tired of reading her posts and getting angry, ranting about it to my husband, letting it aggravate me for the better part of a day.  That's not a healthy way to live.  So, I decided to do something about it.  I am now praying for her every night.  As I've been told quite often, you can't be angry with someone you pray for.  I am also making her a baby doll for her baby.  It's turning out quite cute and I hope to post pictures soon.
I told my sister what I was doing and she said I'm a better person than she is.  I don't know about that.  I just know I'm trying to live up to the name of Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment