Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bragging

This week was no ordinary week for us.  We were at my in-laws' home in Tennessee, in the city we started out our marriage in 6 years ago, at the congregation we started out our marriage in.  This week Jeremy was the speaker instead of his preacher Dad.  He was doing his series on church history that he actually did a couple of years ago in Oklahoma where my grandparents worship.  His dad had heard the series where they had recorded it and he and the elders decided to have us come so Jeremy could do it here as well.  This congregation is like family to us so the whole week we've been catching up not only with Jeremy's family, but also with our church family here.  *side note -- I also got to eat lunch with my brother and his fiancee' when they came through on the way home from mom and dad's this weekend today so that was icing on the cake*
The best part, though, is hearing what people say after hearing my husband speak.  He has always impressed me with his skill in speaking and his amazing intelligence and memory, but it's just so nice to hear other people impressed by him, too.  I have to admit, I'm very proud of my husband.  He has this amazing way of putting things that you just can't help but be drawn in when he's teaching you.
And, tonight being the last night, his dad got up at the end, before the closing prayer, and said a few words to wrap it up.
And we were all sniffling back tears by the end of it.  He said how proud he was of Jeremy, not only as a speaker, but how strong his faith is.  And he talked about how he and Jeremy's mom had always wanted their children to have a strong faith in the Lord more than success -- and that he was glad that Jeremy was the future of the church.
Guess I'm not the only one bragging tonight.  Especially since several members came up afterwards and said they agreed with Jeremy's dad, and that they were proud of him, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment