Sunday, May 8, 2011

Plans and Ideas

So, I'm a pretty creative person.  Okay.  I'm a very creative person.  If I don't have about three or four projects going on at all times, I'm looking for something else to do.  It's almost physically impossible for me to sit in front of the television without some sort of sewing or crochet or something in my hands.  And I don't just use ideas that other people have come up with, either.  I create my own patterns and projects, too.
Right now, I'm trying to make two afghans for a couple of girls who've been working after-school care with me the last few years and are graduating this month.  I have one almost finished and the other about halfway.  Instead of just being happy that I'm doing these projects, though, my brain is jumping ahead and coming up with more ideas that I want to do -- some of which I've been meaning to do for a while and some of which are new, including a new story idea I'm hoping to save for nanowrimo in November this year.  We'll see if I make it that long before writing down any of it (working title -- For the Love of Smoothies).  So, here's a list of what I want to be working on, for someday "when I have time," whatever that means.

  1. Make a new patchwork skirt in a "Grandmother's Flower Garden" style pattern.  I've already sketched and cut out the pattern.  I just need to cut the fabric and sew it up.
  2. Use the last four canvases I bought in a multi-pack when I decided to do a tryptich for my mil for Christmas and paint a huge rose that is partly on all four of them.  Then, if I like it at all, I'll have to decide how much to charge for it and put it on my etsy site.
  3. Come up with a Bible-themed quiet book, something I've wanted to do for a long time.  I'm thinking of pages like put the animals in the ark, lace up Jesus's sandals, stack up the tower of Babel, arrange the books of the Bible, dress Joseph in his coat, etc.  Ideas are welcome.  I'm either going to do it in felt like an old-fashioned style, or more like this one, which I also just want to make someday because it's so stinking cute.
  4. Make the necklace my sister asked me for, with a huge flower and big pearls.
  5. Stamp some greeting cards, some of which will have my favorite saying of Eleanor Roosevelt:  "A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water."  I also have been meaning to do some "Texas-style" one with watercolors of Texas flowers like bluebonnets and the fun sunflowers that always grow here in the summer.  And I've been meaning to do some for some friends with stamps of their families.
  6. Write on my fertility book that I started and then never moved past the prologue.
  7. Continue to work on one of my fiction books to try and send it to a publisher or two.
  8. Strip the wallpaper in my bathroom the rest of the way so we can paint and finally rehang the towel rack.
  9. Etc.
Of course, I also need to still finish the quilt for my sister that I started over two years ago for her wedding.  And the one for my brother that I only have one strip pieced.  And I need to take up a few things for people who are going to pay me to do that.  And I told someone else I'd crochet some baby hats for her.

Yeah . . . "when I have time."

No comments:

Post a Comment