Thursday, May 19, 2011

What It's Worth

When I saw my husband this evening over his dinner break, he told me, "I now know what it's worth to go to church on Wednesday nights."  I honestly had no idea what he was talking about.  The store he works for (and the entire company, I assume) has been cutting back on people and on the hours of the ones they're not letting go.  His hours have been cut from 37 1/2 to 34.  However, this means that they're having to rework some schedules to make everything fit and make sure it's all covered.  His schedule got changed next week so that he was supposed to work on Wednesday until 7.  That's when church starts.  He went to his manager and asked if they could switch him with someone else and they did . . . but his shift was longer than the one he switched with by an hour.  So, it's going to cost him $13 to go to church next Wednesday.  Who knew the cost was so little?  And so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment