Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hermit Crab

I'm not usually a hermit. I love to get out and do things with people. I hate shopping by myself and always wish I had a friend to go with. Needless to say, most of the time, I don't avoid going to things like Bunko or church or showers. However, I'm reconsidering lately.
I sat at Bunko tonight and listened to them all talk about their kids, their pregnancies, how much weight they gained, their C-sections, etc, etc, etc. And I know that only two of them knew anything about what I'm going through. But at the same time, I just wanted to stand up and scream, "Really?! Can't you see I don't want to hear about this right now?" I know they don't know they're bothering me. If I had kids, I'd probably jump right in and swap the horror stories with them. But I don't. It just makes me want to curl up somewhere away from everyone and not come out again until my situation changes.
I'm not really going to do that. But it makes me want to. And I have successfully avoided the last four baby showers (although I did make gifts for them). Just call me a hermit crab.

No comments:

Post a Comment