Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring Break Begins

Whew! It's been a full Saturday -- a full week. Mom and Dad were visiting with us Tuesday through Thursday. We enjoyed the short time we had with them -- I never get enough time with them. Mom's always make things better, it seems. Of course, I started the day she left so it was doubly hard on me. I stayed busy yesterday getting things ready for today. Today, we got up, loaded the car, and headed north to Salado where I did a show. Then, we loaded back up and headed north to Okmulgee, OK to my grandparents' home. Jeremy is going to be preaching a gospel meeting here for them on the Restoration Movement in the church. Since it's his topic of his master's degree, I feel like he'll do a good job. My cousin, Michelle (same age as me) and her three kids are here tonight, too, before they head south to Houston to see her family. Darien is 5 going to be 6 in July. Ayden and Aylene are both 2 going to be 3 in June. They are so cute and cuddly and fun. And make me want one of my own even more. Sigh. They're leaving tomorrow, but it's been fun to snuggle with the kids. We don't get to see them very often. I'm looking forward to a week with Grandma and Grandpa. I want to go through her fabric scraps again (maybe) and get some more aloe vera for me to kill. Or for Toby to kill, more like it. I love my cat, but he's really annoying when it comes to plants. I hope everyone has a great Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment