Monday, March 2, 2009

Spoke Too Soon

Satan has this fun way of helping you think you have everything under control. I think that while I've had this peace for the last month, he has been trying to find weaknesses and cracks in my wall, to sneak in a finger here or there and break out a chunk so my peace goes away. I won't let him get away with it. But the last couple of days have been harder again. I had forgotten how big the sadness was. I was boasting of how I had finally given it to God, had let Him take over and wasn't going to worry about it anymore. And Satan used my boasting, my overconfidence, to slip in and add some worry and some envy and some sadness. I will give it back to God. And hopefully, this time I won't take it back. He doesn't need my help. I need His.

No comments:

Post a Comment