Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sadness where you look for it

My cycle is winding down. I can feel it, and I dread it. Blah.
The bluebonnets are blooming. I started seeing them this week, as they peek their purply-blue heads up next to the roads and interstates (and in some yards). It's a big thing down here to take pictures in the bluebonnets. I see families along the roadside, dressed to the nines, avoiding the fire ants and bumblebees to capture the perfect family photo in a field of bluebonnets and black-eyed susans. I really want to have my pregnancy photos taken in bluebonnets because I think it would be so neat. So, it's a happy and sad thing to see them popping their heads up, announcing the true arrival of Spring. Isn't Spring supposed to be when you have a baby? Isn't it the coming of all things new? I'd say maybe next Spring, but I sort of hope it doesn't happen so we can go to Europe with the Seniors next year. Is that limiting God?

No comments:

Post a Comment